Which tyre dressing should you use?
After spending hours detailing your car, having faded tyres will spoil all of your hard work.
Applying a good tyre dressing will totally change the look of your car, and it will only take a few minutes.
What is a tyre dressing?
A tyre dressing is designed to make your tyre walls black, you can either go for a wet/gloss look or a factory/natural look.
Not sure which one to chose?
- If you have a modern/performance car with low profile tyres, we recommend using a wet/gloss look dressing.
- If you have an older/vintage car with a larger wall, we recommend using one with a natural/factory finish.
- Tire & Trim Care is scientifically engineered to produce a deep, long-lasting factory/natural look which can be used on rubber, vinyl and plastic trim.
- Tire Shine is a sprayable, water-based dressing that provides a high gloss/wet finish to all rubber & plastic surfaces.
How do you apply them?
Follow these simples instructions for both products.
Tire & Trim Care:
1. Thoroughly clean the surface to be dressed and allow to dry.
2. Apply a small amount of dressing to a sponge or applicator pad.
3. Spread the dressing onto the surface in a thin, even layer.
4. Buff off any excess with a clean microfiber towel.
5. Allow 5 - 10 minutes for the dressing to cure.
1. For a super wet looking finish, spray Tire Shine directly on to the tire sidewall or trim piece.
2. We suggest "leveling out" or distributing the dressing with a foam applicator or sponge. This will help with any potential pooling in the nooks of the tire pattern.
3. For a more subtle, less shiny finish spray Tire Shine on to a foam applicator first, then apply to the tire or trim surface.
4. Allow 5-10 minutes for dressing to dry & set. This will help avoid the Tire Shine from slinging onto the sides of your vehicle.
We hope this helps you choose a suitable tyre dressing. As always if you have any questions about our range, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JLG Australia Team